This article describes the various elements of the meet and greet experience that can be customized. All images that you upload to customize your event should be in PNG or JPEG format.
- Ticket: Fans need a virtual ticket to join their meet and greet. You can add a custom graphic to the ticket by uploading a profile picture for your host (recommended resolution: 1080x1080). The profile picture will automatically be displayed on tickets to that host's M&Gs. Also, the custom title of the event appears on the ticket as well.
- Queue: The queue is where fans wait for their chats to begin. Multiple aspects of the queue can be customized. Display a logo (any high-resolution square or rectangular logo should work). Add a custom skin (recommended resolution: 1920x1080). Embed pre-roll for fans to watch as they count down (YouTube URLs are accepted at this time). All of this can be configured on the M&G scheduling form.
- Chat: When the chat connects, the logo and skin remain visible on the screen.
- Photo: Selfies captured during chats can have a custom frame applied (1080x1080). The frame goes around the screenshots of the host and fan, which are placed side by side.
- Autograph: The host can sign a digital autograph for fans during their chats. The autograph can be signed on the Photo Booth image or on a custom image that is uploaded prior to the event.
- Post-Chat: Once the fan's chat ends, they will see a custom message on their screen. You can include a link to a third-party site on this page. The logo and skin are still visible.
Please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or need assistance.