Some virtual meet and greets (M&Gs) require eligible fans to check in to claim a ticket on the day of the event. This guide walks through what this full experience is like from the fan's perspective.
1. Receive an email notifying you of your M&G
Typically, a few days in advance of your M&G, you will receive an email letting you know you are eligible to claim a ticket. Among other details, this email will contain two important pieces of information that you should save:
- Your check-in link: In order to claim your ticket, you will need to check in on the day of the M&G at your scheduled time, which you can view by clicking your check-in link (see example below). You can add your mobile number on the check-in page to receive a text to remind you when it's time to check in.
- Your assigned credentials: Since this type of M&G is only offered to eligible fans, you will be assigned a set of unique credentials (unless you have an existing Chatalyze account) to use when you claim your ticket (see highlighted region below as an example).
2. Check in at your scheduled time
At your check-in time on the day of the M&G, visit your check-in page and enter your assigned credentials to claim your ticket. Here's what the page will look like at your check-in time:
If you forgot your assigned password, you can follow the "Forgot password" prompt to set a new one and then return to the check-in page to claim your ticket.
After checking in, you will receive your specific chat time as shown below:
Your chat will start precisely at your specific chat time, so it's important to join 5-10 minutes early. We recommend adding your phone number for a text reminder 15 minutes before your chat if your number is not in the system already. If you are going to use a mobile device for your chat, you will need to download the Chatalyze iOS or Android app and sign in with the same credentials that you used to claim your ticket (do not create a new account). Once signed in, you will be able to view your ticket in the My Tickets section of your account.
3. Test your system
We recommend testing your system in advance of your chat to make sure it is configured correctly. You can take the system test by going to My Tickets and clicking Test my system/phone. Be sure to make any required updates prior to when your chat starts.
4. Join your chat 5-10 minutes early
Join by going to My Tickets and clicking the Join button on your ticket. If prompted, make sure to allow access to your camera and microphone.
The following image provides an example of what you may see as you wait for your chat to begin.
Your chat will automatically begin when the countdown hits zero. A new timer at the top of the screen will display how much time is remaining throughout your chat (example of a connected chat shown below).
6. Smile for a photo
If the photo booth is enabled, a 3-2-1 countdown will appear on your screen 10 seconds into your chat and a photo will get captured. It's important to be centered in front of your camera at this time.
Your timer will flash in red during the final 15 seconds of your chat, and then you will automatically disconnect when it hits zero. Keep an eye on the timer during your chat so you're not surprised when it ends.
Please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or need assistance.