Moderators have the ability to:
- Connect to the host before a meet & greet to run a tech check and briefing
- Watch the chats in "invisible mode"
- End chats early if needed
- Extend chats by 30 seconds
- Modify the queue order to move fans who are online up (and vice versa).
Each of these points are illustrated in the instructions below.
- Log in to your admin portal and find the M&G listed in the Events section.
- Click the three-dot icon on the right side of the M&G and click Monitor.
- Allow access to your camera and microphone.
- Connect with the host via video chat once they come online. Aside from making sure their technology is working properly, we recommend walking them through these tips.
- Once the host is ready to start the event, instruct them to click the "Join Event" button in the top right corner of the screen. You should then do the same. If at any point you or the host needs to go back to the Green Room, just click the back arrow in your browser.
From here, you can watch the M&G and view the list of fans on the screen. As the moderator, you have four main controls during the M&G:
- Hang up: Hang up on the current fan (e.g. for inappropriate behavior) by clicking the red hangup button at the bottom of the screen.
- Extend: Extend the chat by 30 seconds by clicking the green +30 button at the bottom of the screen. This feature can be used if you want to give the current fan a little more time with the host. Make sure to do this with more than 10 seconds remaining in the chat, as this feature locks with 10 seconds remaining.
- Move: Move a fan to a different spot in the queue by clicking their name on the right side of the screen and dragging it to the spot you want to move them to. This capability is useful if the next fan in the queue is not online but another fan further down in the queue is. You can move the fan who is online into the next spot and push the fan who is offline to lower in the queue.
- Add back: After a fan's chat has ended, you can add them back in the queue for another chat by clicking the three-dot icon next to their name in the Completed section on the right side of the screen and clicking "Add to back of queue."
Please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or need assistance.