This article provides an overview of what a virtual meet & greet (M&G) is and how to host one.
What is a virtual M&G?
A virtual M&G is a way for you to easily meet face-to-face with fans around the world and take pictures together. Fans queue up for private 1:1 video chats with you that run on a timer.
What do I need to host one?
- A set of assigned login credentials provided by your event organizer
- A strong internet connection (avoid using cellular data or a VPN)
- A device running on an updated operating system
How do I know if my device/system is compatible?
We highly recommend testing your device/system well in advance of your event by logging in to Chatalyze and clicking the "Test my system/phone" link on your Events page. The test will flag issues that need to be corrected before your event.
How do I join my M&G?
- At least five minutes before your M&G, log into Chatalyze using your assigned credentials.
- Join your event:
- Web users go to Events and click ENTER next to your M&G.
- iOS users tap Join Now and Wait or go to My Sessions and tap Enter.
- Android users go to My Sessions and tap Enter.
- Allow access to your camera and microphone when prompted.
What happens after I join?
- After joining, you will automatically connect with the moderator for a quick tech check and briefing. Once you are ready, you will click a button that says Join Event.
- View a countdown timer to your first chat.
- Connect to fan #1 in the queue when the countdown hits zero. Greet them by name (will be visible at the top of your screen) and pay attention to the timer at the top of your screen that will display the time remaining before you automatically connect to the next fan in the queue. The timer flashes in red during the final 15 seconds of each chat.
- Take a picture by clicking the photo button. After it captures, you can choose to Save or Retake it.
- Repeat this process for each chat in the queue.
How long is each chat?
The length of each 1:1 chat is set in advance by the M&G organizer. You can add an extra 30 seconds to your current chat by clicking the green +30 button at the bottom of your screen at any point before the final 10 seconds, at which point this feature gets locked. In addition, you can end a chat early (e.g., for inappropriate behavior) by clicking the red hangup button at the bottom of your screen.
How do I contact Chatalyze support during my M&G?
- Call us at +1 (856) 925-9286
- Message us through the live chat on the bottom-left corner of our website.
- Email us at email@example.com