Here are some tips for hosting awesome virtual meet and greet events:
- If you open registration to your full audience, share your booking link in the places where people are most likely to see it. Popular places to share booking links are in YouTube video descriptions, Instagram stories with a swipe-up link, Instagram bios, and Twitter and Facebook posts.
- Prior to each event you host, run the system test that you can access from your account to make sure your system is configured correctly.
- During each chat during your events, a countdown timer will be visible at the top of your screen and it will flash in red during the final 15 seconds. As each chat is concluding, it is helpful to point out to the fan that the chat is wrapping up so you both can say goodbye before it ends.
- The fan's first name will be visible at the top of your screen during each chat. Address the fan by name when each chat starts to make the experience extra special.
- If you enable screenshots, a "3 2 1 SMILE" countdown will appear on your screen 10 seconds into each chat. The screenshot will automatically capture once the countdown hits "SMILE." As soon as you see this countdown appear, remind the fan to smile so they don't miss this photo opportunity. Here's a great example of how one event host did this.
- If you want to disconnect early from a specific fan, tap the red hangup button. If you are on an iOS device, you will then need to select Hang up current chat.
- Make sure to have a strong, stable internet connection. Check out these best practices.
- Use a reliable home WiFi network. Avoid using a Virtual Private Network (VPN) or cellular data because these pose significant connectivity risks.
If you have any questions, please reach out to us through our contact form and we will assist you as soon as possible.