In this article, we will cover how to join a virtual meet and greet that you are hosting and how the experience works. Before joining, we recommend following these 5 tips for a smooth experience.
- A strong, reliable internet connection
- Chrome or Firefox if you are using a laptop or desktop computer
- Chatalyze for iOS or Android if you are using a phone or tablet
- Laptop/desktop users go to the Chatalyze login page. Phone/tablet users open the Chatalyze app.
- Enter your login credentials (email and password).
- Click Sign in.
- Find your meet and greet in Events (laptop/desktop users) or My sessions (phone/tablet users).
- Click Enter.
- Allow access to your camera and microphone if prompted.
How the experience works
After joining, you will see a countdown to the start of your meet and greet.
When the countdown hits zero, you will automatically connect to the first fan in the queue via video chat. The fan's name and a timer indicating the amount of time remaining in the chat will appear at the top of your screen.
If screenshots are enabled, a 3-2-1 countdown will appear on your screen 10 seconds into each chat and a photo will get captured (make sure to stay centered in front of your camera).
If at any point you need to hang up on a specific fan, click the red hangup button. This will disconnect you from the current chat and then you can just wait for the next chat to begin.
The timer will start flashing in red when there are 15 seconds left to warn you that the chat is about to end.
When the timer hits zero, you will automatically disconnect from the chat and connect to the next fan in the queue.
This process repeats until you have completed all of your chats.
Please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or need assistance.