In this article, we will cover how to get your M&G host set up on an iPad and how the experience works. Before having your host join the event, we recommend following these five tips for a smooth experience and running your host through these five things they should do during the M&G.
- A strong, reliable internet connection
- Chatalyze for iOS on your iPad
- Open the Chatalyze app.
- Enter the host's login credentials (email and password). If you manage multiple host accounts, make sure the credentials you enter are the ones associated with the specific host of the M&G.
- Click Sign in.
- Find your M&G in My sessions and click Enter OR if a Join now and wait button appears on your screen, you can hit that button instead.
- Allow access to your camera and microphone if prompted.
How the experience works
After joining, the host will see a countdown to the start of the meet and greet.
When the countdown hits zero, the host will automatically connect to the first fan in the queue via video chat. The fan's name and a timer indicating the amount of time remaining in the chat will appear at the top of the screen.
If screenshots are enabled, a 3-2-1 countdown will appear on the screen 10 seconds into each chat and a photo will get captured. Make sure the host stays centered in front of the camera.
If autographs are enabled, the photo to sign will automatically load on the screen and the host can sign it using a finger or stylus. To submit the autograph, the host needs to tap the "Done" button.
If at any point the host needs to hang up on a specific fan, they can click the red hangup button and then select the "Hang up current chat" option. This will disconnect the host from the current chat and then they can just wait for the next chat to begin.
The timer will start flashing in red when there are 15 seconds left to warn the host that the chat is about to end.
When the timer hits zero, the host will automatically disconnect from the chat and connect to the next fan in the queue.
This process repeats until the host has completed all of their chats.
Please feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com if you have questions or need assistance.