Chatalyze Shoutouts are personalized video messages that are coupled with a digital autograph. They look something like this:
This article explains how to start making Shoutouts. Please note that only select accounts have access to Shoutouts at this time. You can request access by emailing us at email@example.com.
Step 1: Customize
- Go to Shoutouts in your account
- Click CUSTOMIZE
- [Optional] Upload a logo by clicking UPLOAD, selecting your image (PNG or JPEG), and clicking Save
- [Optional] Upload a background (16x9 aspect ratio) and click Save
- Upload a signature image, which is the image you will sign for each Shoutout you make (8x10 aspect ratio), and click Save
Step 2: Prepare your Requests
- Organize information for your Shoutout requests by adding fan information to a spreadsheet using this template (you can make a copy by clicking File > Make a copy). Please note that the "Note" has a maximum of 250 characters. If there is no Occasion and/or Note, simply add a "-" in these cells.
- Download the sheet as a CSV file
Step 3: Upload Requests
- Click UPLOAD REQUESTS in the Shoutouts section of your account
- Click Choose File and select your CSV file
- Click UPLOAD
- View pending requests on the Pending tab of your Shoutouts page
Step 4: Make Shoutouts through the Chatalyze Tools iPad App
Shoutouts are made using the Chatalyze Tools app, which is different than the main Chatalyze app. Chatalyze Tools is currently only available on iPads.
- Open the Chatalyze Tools app
- Sign in using your existing Chatalyze credentials
- See how many requests are pending
- Tap Make Shoutout to pull up your first request
- Review the information about the recipient and tap the record button to get the camera rolling
- Tap the record button again when you are done recording
- Select Use Video when you are ready to proceed. You can also view and retake your video.
- Select a color and sign an autograph/note. By default, the app is programmed to have you sign with an Apple Pencil. If you want to sign with a finger or a stylus other than an Apple Pencil, tap the "Finger Signing Disabled" button.
- Tap Submit to send your Shoutout. It will automatically get emailed to the fan you created it for.
Please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or need assistance.