There are many factors that can impact a video call. Here are five quick tips that can improve your experience:
- Restart your device: Prior to joining your video call, restart your device (computer, tablet, or phone) to make sure other applications are not taking up bandwidth or accessing your camera and microphone.
- Use a fast and reliable internet connection: Video call quality is fully dependent on internet speed. Faster speed means better quality. If possible, use an ethernet cable.
- Use a newer device: Video calls require a lot of processing power. Older devices are not well-equipped to process video, so we recommend using a newer device.
- Use headphones: For best audio quality, we recommend wearing headphones to minimize the chances of hearing disruptive echoes or feedback.
- Be ready to refresh: If you encounter any issues once your chat begins, try refreshing the page or leaving and rejoining the call. Sometimes that's all it takes to correct a video or audio problem.
Bonus tip for laptop and desktop (web) users: Use Chrome or Firefox for best performance.
Please feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com if you have questions or need assistance.